Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday- March 15, 2011

This morning I woke up and grabbed about half an oz. of almonds and had a little bite of peanut butter to perk me up. I then did some strength training and rain outside on the nature trail for about 30 minutes. It was chilly at first but then it started feeling really nice out! I love that it's getting warmer because sometimes running on a treadmill can get so monotonous.

For breakfast, I had one of my favorites- steel cut oats! Last night I actually cooked about a week's batch of oats (steel cut oats take longer to cook than normal rolled oats, but they have a much better flavor and are nice and chewy!) so that I could just quickly microwave individual serving sizes. I added a bit of agave nectar, cinnamon, and fresh strawberries that were only $1.99 at Winn-Dixie yesterday! Woohoo!

For lunch I had a salad with romaine lettuce, spinach, onions, cucumbers, tomato, kidney beans and my absolute favorite- Annie's Goddess dressing. I'm telling you, this dressing is fantastic! I also love putting beans into my salads because they are a great source of protein, make something super light like a salad filling- and they are just so flavorful and hearty! In addition to my salad I also had a small bowl of brussels sprouts and a slice of Ezekiel bread. I rediscovered how good brussels sprouts are over the break- and will be definitely buying them more often. They are literally almost like candy to me. That good. And they are so good for you too- did you know brussels sprouts, in addition to many other vitamins and minerals are a source of omega-3 fatty acids? That's the same type of healthy fats that are found in things like salmon and almonds. Crazy, huh? And Ezekiel bread is a complete protein as it is made from sprouted whole grains and is flourless. It's also so delicious- a hearty flavor that seriously makes white bread taste like paper mache paste in comparison.
 
(Yes, that is a Hello Kitty toaster and it definitely imprints the shape of Hello Kitty onto toast. Hehe!)


Between lunch and dinner I had a pear and a few strawberries as a snack! Yummy fruit.

Dinnertime consisted of the other half of Amy's Lentil soup mixed with some broccoli and cauliflower. A few hours later during breaks in rehearsal I ended up eating a chocolate protein bar and a banana.

Overall it was a pretty good day as I didn't binge-eat! I tend to overdo it on healthy, yet high cal things like almonds, and peanut butter while standing at the kitchen counter and things like that. But not today!

(You may notice the improved quality of my photos- that's because I realized I have a perfectly capable digital camera that I can use instead of my shoddy cell phone camera. Since I don't really carry a purse per se, I probably will only use it for meals I eat at home. Which will honestly be most of the time anyways since eating out alot isn't great for the waistline OR the wallet.)

Also, weekly I decided I am going to do a "weigh-in," in an effort to hold myself more accountable. At the moment I weigh 126 lbs. according to my bathroom digital scale. I'm not sure of the exact accuracy of it, but it usually is about right so I'll go with that. My target weight is going to be 115. I'm hoping on being by that point by the time I graduate! With how easily my weight fluctuates (I can fluctuate within 5 lbs. in a week, easily) I'm sure it won't be a problem- I just have to make sure to be consistent. Consistency has always been an issue with me. I'll let one weekend completely sabotage my entire week's efforts, so I'm constantly taking one step forward and 2 steps back. But no more of that. I'm really going to hold myself accountable! And I know I'm not overweight or anything like that, but especially with the field I'm going into, and especially as my modeling is really taking off- it's important for me to be at a peak physical state. And this extra cushyness around my lower abdomen and thighs just doesn't make me feel good. In fact, I am so extremely self-conscious of it that it kind of plagues my thoughts most of the time. Which is not healthy for my mental state, really. And it also just doesn't feel good when you don't like the way clothes feel on your body.
But anyways- health and fitness is a journey that is an ongoing process. Hopefully now with everything more out in public I will be more inspired to stick with everything :)

<3 Happy Vegging!

No comments:

Post a Comment