Thursday, September 30, 2010

Eggs?

I will eat eggs and dairy from time to time. (Although I don't buy them to cook with.)
However, I have to say after watching this video, I could never bring myself to purchase any type of egg product anymore, knowing that I'm supporting this.
For those of you that think that eggs are produced from loving farms where the chickens roam free in grassy pastures- think again.
I guarantee you will not think of them the same way again, unless of course you have literally no soul.
The video is below.


http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2009/09/modern-day-nazis/

And that is pretty mild considering the practices that go into meat slaughterhouses...

Like, I understand how people say things like "Oh well just because you don't eat it doesn't mean it won't still happen!"

Because yes, that's true. BUT- I have a choice I have to make when given a circumstance such as this. Will I continue to purchase and support such a horrific practice when I know what is going on, and be able to live peacefully about it? Or, will I make a stand and have a clear conscience with the food that I eat, and eat the foods that are naturally grown from the earth that are free of any harmful animal fats- rejuvenating, life-bringing foods in which nothing was harmed for me to eat?

I think I'll take the latter option.

I'm absolutely DISGUSTED by the meat/animal food industry as a whole, and it's because of reasons shown in the video above. Cruelty is not cool. No matter WHAT kind of animal it is. I think, personally, that people need to stop rationalizing animal cruelty and categorizing "farm" animals as different than their own personal pets. How would you feel if someone took your new puppy and threw him in a grinder because he wasn't able to make them money? Or someone took your cat and stripped his skin off of him while still alive in order to produce a nice juicy dinner?

They are all animals, have life, feel pain, and are intelligent. A a cow or pig deserves the same life that your treasured family pet has.

I choose vegan/vegetarianism not only because the health benefits are amazing, but because I cannot live my life peacefully knowing I'm supporting a practice which is causing thousands of innocent animals to have their lives taken in inhumane, horrible ways. I could never again look at a piece of meat on my plate and feel good about it.

People think that I am "sacrificing," or that I'm being some sort of martyr for giving up meat. When in reality, I would not eat it if you PAID me, or if you said that nobody would ever find out- I just couldn't do it. It's really disgusting more than anything, honestly.

Now that being said, of course I don't have an issue with people eating it around me of course, and I will not make any remarks about what they are eating and say "EWW MEAT," etc. That is their personal choice to eat it just like I make a personal choice to eat a black bean burger, or avocado sandwich, etc.

And I'm also not going to look down on you or make you feel guilty for eating eggs or egg products. I mean, it's not fair for me to push my personal dietary beliefs on people. People get really touchy about that sort of thing, you'd be surprised. So you know, I write my little blog. :)

If something I say on this blog is offensive and makes you feel guilty- you should know that's not the intent and secondly, you can only feel guilty about something that you know is not right to begin with. Nobody has ever felt guilty for eating an apple. Food for thought!

But mainly the reason I showed this video is to just let you know that this is what is going on behind closed doors. It's unsettling, but why should you blind your eyes to the truth? You need to wake up and see that everything is not all rainbows and cotton candy and YOU have the ability to make conscious decisions about what you do. Don't let the media and what is considered "normal" dictate your life.


That is all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment