Thursday, July 29, 2010

Easy Schmeasy Pizza!

Okay, so I was kind of craving a pizza-like meal a little bit ago, and created this really easy, small portioned pizza- (you know, one of those that you won't be tempted to say "just oooone more slice..."

It is quite tasty and super duper easy and super healthy as well!

Here's what I did.

1.) Take a piece of bread (I used sesame Ezekiel bread. This may not work with most breads, especially soft breads because it is the "crust." I really would recommend using Ezekiel or another really hearty crusted bread for this so it doesn't fall apart! Although it may work with other bread, I just haven't tried it. Pita bread should work too. Just not like, Wonder bread or Sunbeam or something of the sort.)

2.) Anyways. Put some spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce on the bread. Then put some toppings on it! I put sliced zucchini, diced onions, and oregano. No cheese. You really don't need it. But if you want, feel free! I also drizzled some extra virgin olive oil on top of the veggies.

3.) Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.

And voila! A yummy roasted veggie pizza. I guess it is equivalent to about 1 slice instead of a whole pizza, but what a delicious slice it is!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment