Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yummm

Some great staples to always have on hand I find are whole grain tortillas, refried beans and/or black beans, and avocado. With those things you can always make delicious burritos that are filling and very healthy for you!

Today I made one with refried beans (make sure they are the fat free kind, the other is made with like bacon grease...blegh!), avocado, (Season with garlic powder, lime juice, salt/pepper for optimum flavor!) black olives, salsa, and spinach. (I find some way to put spinach on everything.)

You can heat the refried beans first. But yeah, this combo is pretty delicious. You can really put anything you want in a burrito which is why I love them so much! Even just plain refried beans with some seasoning is good and satisfying. And you get lots of protein which is good!

Oh, but the best part was dessert- I had some strawberries, and also some dates stuffed with almonds and rolled in a little bit of powdered sugar. Tastes sinful...but it is not!

However, lately I do admit I've been falling a tiny bit off the wagon on eating right...there have definitely been trips to sonic for ice cream, and pizza...ugh. But I'm really trying to get back on track again. It's been hard because I've been going on lots of dates and things like that, and it's so hard to eat right when you go out, to me at least. Also, it's summer- which means everyone is free to hang out all the time and go get food, etc. But I know, these are mere petty excuses!

I believe though that if you eat right for the majority of the time, like if you are buying the right types of groceries that that is the most important thing. Little treats here and there are not a big deal, as long as you are aware of what it is. The thing is so many people eat things and don't KNOW how bad it really is for you and they eat it regularly, instead of knowing how bad it is and just accepting it.

That being said, take advantage of summer's fresh produce that is in season, and enjoy your summer. Don't feel too bad about giving in to some ice cream now and then, although if you find yourself eating entire pints of Ben and Jerry's once every few days, that may be a little much. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment